GROUND PENETRATING RADAR SYSTEMS, LLC
As a contractor, engineer, or project manager, we recognize you are faced with crucial decisions on a daily basis. For example, when you’re excavating for a new structure or renovating an old building, there are countless subsurface hazards that need to be accounted for prior to excavation, core drilling or saw cutting.
If you choose not to schedule Utility Locating services, the result could be detrimental to your jobsite or company. There are compounding effects that could impact safety performance, project schedules, and job site financials that could delay or cancel the entire project.
Why We Do What We Do
When you digest the utility damage statistics above (from the CGA Dirt Report), you begin to realize that the construction industry has a long way to go in damage prevention. The root cause for the majority of line strikes is the lack of a proper ground disturbance policies and dig permits. We believe that the construction industry can get closer to achieving 100% subsurface damage prevention by implementing the Subsurface Investigation Methodology specification, or SIM. In 2019, We saw an accuracy rate of over 99.8% on 72,000 concrete scanning and utility locating projects while using the SIM process. While this leads the locating industry, we are not satisfied with these amazing results. We will pursue all avenues of technology, training, and methodology in order to deliver this goal of safety for our clients. GPRS is in pursuit of 100% subsurface damage prevention, will you join us?
Unlike companies that offer multiple services, at Ground Penetrating Radar Systems we focus on a single task. This is our sole focus. We specialize in utility locating, and our experience and expertise is second to none.
Safety and quality is our main focus, so much so, that we built our own training center where every GPRS project manager is required to complete an extensive training program before they can perform field services on your job site. Our staff includes a full time training and safety director to make sure all of our project managers are skilled in operating our equipment with high levels of competence and confidence, while always being diligent about performing our duties safely.
GPRS was one of the first companies in the country to focus on concrete scanning and utility locating, primarily using ground penetrating radar (GPR). Since we started in September, 2001, we have built a nationwide network of offices with staff strategically placed in every major metropolitan area in the United States. Since our founding, we have worked on some of the largest and most significant construction projects in the country. We stay busy: On average, each of our project managers perform 300 jobs per year.
We are the best at what we do because it is all we do. When you are faced with the need to know what lies below the surface, contact the nation’s best utility and concrete scanning company. Your project’s success could depend on it.
We Minimize Risk
Just one utility strike or damaged concrete structural element can be the difference between a simple renovation and a prolonged project that incurs costly damages, delays, and even injuries. GPRS utilizes multiple technologies to get a clear picture of what’s underneath the ground or behind the concrete. It’s not just about the tools…It’s about the person operating them. When these technologies are in the hands of GPRS project managers the industry’s most experienced project managers you get an immediate and accurate report of subsurface elements, allowing you to safely and successfully complete your projects. Our project managers are held to the highest stands—ours.
The technologies used by GPRS are non-destructive, non-intrusive, and non-hazardous. This means they not only help you avoid subsurface hazards, but also that your personnel will be safe during testing.
All GPRS project managers are educated in our world class training facility and mentored by experienced team members to ensure you receive quality results on your project.
GPRS seeks to understand your information needs at the start of every project, and we strive to generate answers for your subsurface questions, keeping you on budget and on schedule.
GPRS Company Overview
The cornerstone of our company are our core values; integrity, mutual respect, growth-mindedness, teamwork, and safety. Our goal is to create and work within a company environment where these attributes are exemplified everyday. As an industry leader, we understand that these concepts are not only expected by our customers but demanded by our team members.
Each project manager averages approximately 300 jobs per year. Additionally, all field personnel complete the OSHA 10-hour construction safety course to ensure all of our work spaces meet safety requirements. Our Nationwide network of GPRS professionals have worked in some of the most high-profile job sites in the country including:
- Mt. Sinai Hospital Renovation New York, NY
- Chemical Grout Injection Projects West Coast, FL
- New Orleans International Parking Garage New Orleans, LA
- Cross Texas Transmission Amarillo, Childress, TX
- Maverick Tube Corporation Conroe, Texas
- Canadian Hills Windfarm Calumet, OK
- The Austonian Austin, TEX
- BP Research Campus Naperville, IL
- Underground Void Scan BP-Husky Refinery Toledo, OH
- Underground Utility Locating Detroit Edison Monroe, MI
- Chevron Facility San Francisco, CA
- LAX - Terminal 6 Expansion Los Angeles, CA
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center Palmdale, CA
- Denver International Airport South Terminal Denver, CO
- Devon Energy Riverton, WY
- Sky Ridge Medical Center Lone Tree, CO
- MDEQ LUST Projects State Of Michigan
- The University of Michigan Taubman Library Ann Arbor, MI
- Sunoco Pipeline Western PA
- Utility Locating Nationwide
- Los Angeles Bar Association Los Angeles, CA
- Seismic Upgrades Newport Beach, CA
- LAX Airport Los Angeles, CA
- Soil Stabilization Projects (300+ Projects/Year) West FL
- Sail Boat Bend Project Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Disney Monorail Communications Project Orlando, FL
- Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center Orlando, FL
- Coral Gables Parking Garage Coral Gables, FL
- Barbados Water Authority Project Barbados (Island)
- Please click here to view other recent GPRS projects